At Hollywood Pawn Shop & Jewelry our customers have two options:
- Customers can pawn property and in return, we lend them money. Pawn loans are made on everything from jewelry to electronics to autos. When the customer pays back the loan their property is returned to them. Customers can also extend the loan by paying the accrued charges on most pawns.
- Customers can elect to sell merchandise to us in exchange for cash on the spot.
Both options take about 10 minutes. Leave with Cash in Hand.
[image width=”600″ height=”251″]https://hollywoodpawnstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/pawn_process.png[/image]
What is a Collateral (Pawn) Loan?
- A Pawn loan is a loan that is secured by collateral help by the Pawn Broker. Every Pawn shop loans on different types of items. We lend money on jewelry, gold, silver, electronics, musical instruments, tools and more.
- All customers must provide collateral.
- Loans can be of any amount. We lend amounts anywhere from $20.00 to $20,000.00, depending on the value of the collateral.
How Does Pawn Work?
- The pawn process is much the same as any other lending institutions, with the primary difference being the use of collateral instead of credit. At Hollywood Pawn Shop, we hold and safely store your personal collateral items until the loan is paid in full.
- All Pawn Loans are written for four months (120 days)
- At the end of the four months, the customer is required to repay the loan, plus a small interest, and the collateral is returned. If the customer is not able to pay the entire about, he/she may pay only the interest due, and we will rewrite the loan for an additional 4 months. If the customer does not pay the amount owed or rewrite the loan by the due date plus a 10 day grace period, the collateral is forfeited to the pawn broker.
- All interest rates and terms are governed by the State of California, and cannot be changed or modified by the Pawn Broker. Only Licensed Pawn Brokers may legally write a Pawn Loan.